One Year Old!
It is one year on from when The Little Stamford Company opened its virtual doors to welcome you all into our world of farm and county clothes for babies and children.
In fact I started preparing for our launch a year before we went live. I was pregnant with my second baby with an 18 month old at home too. I wanted a Labrador themed babygrow that gave a nod to my then life, working my Labrador Florin. Unable to find anything I began creating myself. Designs were drawn up and then we set forth trying to find a manufacturer that matched our values, that we could be sure would deliver on quality. We found a wonderful family business in Turkey, so we can make the products where the cotton is sourced meaning fewer airmiles. We have been fortunate to be still using that same family business one year on.
Fast forward to today and I have a noisy toddler and pre-schooler. I juggle mum life, horse life and the business, working many evenings and weekends. But I love it and feel so happy I can be doing this.
Here are some of my high and low lights!
- Managing The Little Stamford Company whilst looking after a baby and toddler.
- PR coverage in Country Life Magazine and support from celebrity influencers Helen Skelton and Jade Dunkerton of Holland Cooper. (Some more to come)
- Our first summer show in Yorkshire + Country Living Christmas Fair – the wonderful people and customers I met, learning ‘show life’ and the immense effort it takes (as well as how to pack up two cars effectively when you don’t have a van!)
- Having my hip replaced and carrying on (despite the morphine and the pain the orders still went out on time, possibly one of my biggest achievements this year!)
- The amazing community of country folk on our socials (almost 6k of you) and all your photos and reels you have shared with us. If you don't already, come and join us on Instagram or Facebook.
- Having our Instagram hacked and getting it back, only because of some ex-colleagues who came to my rescue on the inside!
- Royal Mail Christmas strikes and Evri failing to pick up their slack
- Launching our Wildflower print
- Starting the wholesale part of the business.
What for year two?
More farm and baby clothes and gifts I hope! We started with only 3 prints and now have 5. We launched many new products in our first year and we hope to bring new products and prints this year too. Think more baby gifts featuring farm and countryside favourites.
We are taking The Little Stamford Co to bigger shows this year, with a spot at Bramham Horse Trials and The Great Yorkshire Show.
We’d love to hear what you think and ideas you may have, things you would like to see.
Here’s to another fantastic year!